Netgear wireless router being one of the most popular wireless devices allows you to interconnect your PCs, laptops, peripheral devices, and several other devices etc. via wireless or home networking. It means you can share multiple media files or documents, do live streaming, browse the Internet, send/receive emails, or print documents etc. simultaneously. Check the given below steps and set up your Netgear wireless router.
Below steps will help you automatically perform Netgear router setup:
- Insert the ‘resource CD’ into your PC and wait for the response. The CD will auto-start itself and recognize your PC’s language viz. English or French etc. click on ‘Yes’ or ‘Ok’ to continue in the same language or change it if you want to.
- Click ‘Next’ to proceed
- Click ‘setup’ to launch the Smart Installation Assistant
- Follow rest of the instructions and the wizard would check your Internet connection, configure wireless network settings, and choose the optimum security level for your network.
Manual Setup Method
Below are the easy steps that will help you access Netgear router setup:
- Open your web browser.
- Type 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and hit ‘Enter’ on the keyboard. You will see a login screen.
- On the Login screen, enter your username and password. If it’s a new router, then the login information would the default one that came along with the router. If it’s an old router, then the information would be the configuration information that you entered while setting it up for the first time.
- After logging in, you will see a Router Setup utility window. Follow the on-screen prompts and set up and configure your Netgear wireless router.
Once you have set up your router, you can use it for wireless or home networking, access point setup, wireless switch setup, or Firewall configuration etc.***You can also find here support for Netgear router problems. Check here how to add Kindle Fire to your Netgear wireless router.
***You can also find here how to fix 'Common Netgear wireless router problems'.