Thursday, June 30, 2011
1. To restore the Linksys router configuration to factory defaults, hold the reset button on the unit for 30 seconds.
2. Once your router is hard reset, you will need to login and reconfigure it again. To reconfigure your LinkSys Router, connect a computer to one of it's Ethernet ports, open a web browser, and type http://192.168.1.1/. This will take you to a popup box which asks you to enter a username and password to login to your router. On older LinkSys routers, the default username is blank and the default password is "admin." On newer Linksys routers, both the default username and the default password are set to "admin."
3. Once you are past the login screen, you are able to reconfigure the LinkSys router.
4. After changing the administrator password then you will need to enable WEP or WAP security.
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Steps to Install D-Link Wireless Router
Monday, June 27, 2011
Below are the easy steps that will help you access or modify your
1. Open web browser, in the address bar, type "192.168.0.1" press enter. This will bring up the login prompt. If that doesn't work, try "www.routerlogin.net", "192.168.0.5", or "10.1.10.1".
2 . Enter the username "admin", and the password "password" in the appropriate fields, then click OK to login. If that password fails, try "1234," "Password" or "admin" until you are greeted with the settings screen.
3. Make any required changes to the settings. Under security, it is possible to specify a new username and password for added security. Once you are done, close the window, and the system will automatically log you out.
Steps to Install Wireless Router
1. Shutdown your computer and disconnect your Internet modem. Unplug the ethernet cable from the network adapter on your computer.
2. Take the ethernet cable you disconnected and put it into the wireless router that is marked "Internet".
3. Plug the ethernet cable into the wireless router that is marked "1”.
4. Take the other end of the ethernet cable and plug it right into the computer network adapter.
5. Finally turn the power on the wireless router and start up your computer. Install the CD that came with your router and there you go. You have fully installed your wireless router without any hassle.
Friday, June 24, 2011
1. Open a web browser and type either: http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.2.1
2. Change the Admin password, Most wireless routers ship with a blank password. It is essential that this is changed else a potential hacker could get into your router configuration and lock you out of your own hardware.
3. Change the network name. The default network name is usually made up of the name/model of your wireless router.
4. Enabling Encryption:- This is switched off by default. There is a choice of WEP, WPA and WPA2. Currently the latest encryption method is WPA2 so use this where possible. Both your wireless router and wireless PC adaptor must be configured to use the same encryption.
5. Update router firmware:-It is recommended that the latest router firmware is downloaded from the manufacturer's website and installed in the router. This will hopefully fix any bugs that have been found for your router and also help with any known security flaws in the router itself.
6. Backup settings:- Finally, backup all router settings. If you reset the router back to its factory default settings for whatever reason, your configuration can later be easily and quickly restored back into the router.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Steps to Set Up Remote Desktop Router
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Wireless routers are quickly becoming an important device. Wireless routers help you connect several computers simultaneously to the internet in one go and that too, wirelessly. A common setting for a network router is firewall configurations. A firewall blocks unauthorized access from the internet to the internal network. The Netgear firewall also allows access to the internal network using port forwarding. This blog states on how to configure a Netgear firewall
1. Open web browser, In the address bar enter the IP address for your router. The default IP address for new Netgear routers is "192.168.0.1." Enter your administration password when prompted.
2. Click the "Security" link on the left side of the screen and then click "Services." A new window opens with your current firewall settings. Click the button labeled "Add Custom Service."
3. Enter a name for the new firewall setting. In the drop-down box labeled "Type," select "Any."
4 . Enter a starting and ending port number in the text boxes labeled "Start" and "End." For instance, if this is for website traffic, the start and ending port is 80.
5 . Click the "Apply" button to save your changes. The router's firewall settings are configured for your new service.
Friday, June 17, 2011
Note:- I do not recommend you doing this unless you are comfortable editing the Windows Settings. I will not responsible for any damage that may be caused to your PC after editing the settings by following the steps below. You proceed at your own risk or may take help from online technical support technician at their Toll Free No. +1-877-452-9201
Below are the steps to backup your file
• Select Start, and then type Backup into the search field or Go to Control Panel from the Start menu.
• Click on System and Maintenance, then Backup and Restore Center.
• Click Back up your computer.
• Choose a backup location. Click Back up files. To backup to local media, select hard disk, CD, or DVD and click Next.
• Select the files to backup.
Note:- By default, Vista provides a set of pre-selected file types, such as pictures, music and videos. To choose unlisted file types, select "Additional Files."Click "Next." Note that only files that are on NTFS-formatted partitions can be backed up. System, executable and temporary files are not options.
• Establish a backup schedule. Vista can automatically back up the selected files daily, weekly, or monthly. Select how often to backup your files, and the day and time for each backup.
Note:- Scheduled backups are not available on Vista Standard and Home Basic.
If you are unable to access the Internet wirelessly or the webpages don’t load up on your Netgear wireless router, you may not feel good. Yo...
The concept of Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol is an essential aspect for improved network in regards with security, reliability, manage...
The E1200 Wireless-N Router from Linksys is a wireless router using Wireless-N technology to achieve data rates up to 300Mbps. The router in...
Despite being an excellent piece of technology, it’s common for a Linksys wireless router to run into troubles owing to miscellaneous reason...
The Netgear WGR614 v6 router give the permission for a shared Internet connection.It is basically used for a small network, such as in a hom...