Need help interconnecting 2 Linksys wireless devices for the Internet access all over your home or office? If yes, then this post is for you. You may want to set up and extend the range of your wireless connection to have Internet access all over your house or the area you are in. Check the steps given below and connect your two Linksys wireless routers for the same: (Also find here how to set up a Linksys router)
1. Connect your first Linksys router (the one that you want to use as the main\server router) to the PC using an Ethernet cable. Set up the router in a proper manner using the right cables. Now you need to configure the router. To do so, open your web browser and type ‘192.168.2.1’ in the address bar. Hit Enter to proceed.
2. On the router login screen, type the admin username and/or password and proceed. On the Linksys Setup utility, click the Wireless tab> the Basic Wireless Settings sub tab. Note down the Wireless Network Mode (mixed, g, or b whatever is there), Wireless Network Name (SSID), and other information on a piece of paper and keep it safe as it will be required in next steps. (Find here how to reset router password)
3. Click the Wireless Security sub tab> select Security Mode viz. WEP, WPA or WPA2> choose pre-shared passkey and type the desired password in the relevant filed. Note down all this information on a piece of paper and keep it aside for further use. Click the Save Settings button and exit the router’s interface.
4. Now connect the second router (the one that needs to be bridged with the server router) to the second PC using an Ethernet cable. Plug the power cable into the power outlet and boot the devices. When the devices have booted, login to the router’s interface (check first and second steps for more info). (Find here Linksys router support)
5. On the Linksys Setup screen, click the Setup tab> Basic Setup. Select the Disable button under Network Setup next to Network Address Server Settings (DHCP) to turn off the DHCP feature in this router. Since the server (main) device will be using this feature, it is not required to have it enabled in the bridge device.
6. Click the Wireless tab> Basic Wireless Settings. Select Client Bridge from the drop-down menu beside Wireless Network Mode. Match the settings on this tab to the settings in the server router. Now click the Wireless Security tab and ensure that all the setting match with those in the server router. (Find here how to set up a Linksys E1200 Wireless N Router)7. Click the Status tab> Wireless> click the Site survey button to bring up the Site Survey dialog box. It will display a list of all the wireless networks it could find in the area. Locate your Wi-Fi network (SSID) and then click the Join button. Now open your web browser and check whether you can connect to the Internet or not. If you cannot, then review and match your settings exactly to those mentioned in this post. (Find here how to reset Router password)