It is very important for a person to have internet connection these days. Most people are online at least for a major part of their working time. Having a wireless router can help you maximize your internet use. However, there might be some circumstances where in the linksys router settings default process is not working. When that happens kindly see below alternative process.
Sept to fix a failed Linksys Wireless Router Set-up
Power Cycle the Router
• Turn on the linksys router and press the reset button on the back for 30 seconds
• Unplug the linksys router's power cord and wait for 1 minute, then plug it in again.
• Unplug the cable that connects the computer to the DSL modem and connect the computer to port 1 of the router.
Set-up the Router
• Open a web browser. Type "http://192.168.1.1" into the address bar and click "Go." A login window will appear.
• Skip user name and type "admin" (admin is the default password) as the password, and click "OK."
• Click on the "MAC Address Clone" sub tab and select "Clone your PC's MAC". Save the settings.
• Go back to the "Basic Setup" tab and look for the LAN IP, which is 192.168.1.1.
• Change the IP address to 192.168.2.1 then save the settings.
• Shut down the computer and router for 2 minutes, then turn both back on.
• Connect the DSL modem to the Internet port of the linksys router.
• Shut down the DSL modem, linksys router and computer, and wait 3 minutes.
• Turn on the DSL modem and wait for it to stabilize.
• Turn on the linksys router once the modem has stabilized, then turn on the computer.
• Check to see if you are able to get online.