A wireless router will provide you with wireless internet access within a specified area. However, there are some problems that you may face with your router, thereby forcing you to look for Belkin router support. Belkin routers are an excellent resource for connecting your home network to the Internet. While it isn't especially difficult to set up a Belkin router, there are specific things that you need to do in order to create the connection between your computer and the Internet.
Steps to set up a Belkin Router
1. Connect your computer directly to your cable or Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) modem.
2. Unplug your Belkin Wireless Router and your cable or Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) modem.
3. Plug your modem to your Belkin router's "WAN" port. Connect your computer to one of your Belkin router's numbered ports.
4. Turn on in your modem and wait 10 seconds. Plug in your Belkin Wireless Router and restart your computer.
5. Select "Start," then "Control Panel" and then "Network Connections." Right-click "Local Area Connection" to bring up your network connection properties.
6. Click "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)," then "Obtain an IP Address Automatically" and then "Obtain DNS Server Addresses Automatically."
7. Open your web browser. If you are prompted for a user name and password, enter the information you recorded in Step 1.
A Belkin Wireless N Router is generally used to connect a number of systems used in a small office. Even if you have more than one computer...
The Linksys WAG200G is a Wireless-G ADSL home gateway device that functions as both a wireless router and a DSL modem. The WAG200G features ...
The Westell 7500 modem router delivers Internet access over both wired and wireless connections for digital subscriber (DSL) line servi...
A wireless router will provide you with wireless internet access within a specified area. However, there are some problems that you may fac...
If you want to extend the range of your wired network using your Wi-Fi router without suffering a cable mess, you can easily do it. What you...