Steps to block websites on Netgear Router
If you want to block certain sites that you do not want your children browsing to.It is not even possible to forbid kids from using the computer as they use it to play video games or grab some knowledge from Google for their science, math projects.
There are various ways through which you can do that, in this posts we discuss how to do that with your netgear router.
• Open a browser and type "192.168.0.1" in address bar and press "Enter."
• Enter the username and password after the login credentials are displayed, you are taken to the main configuration page for the router.
• Click "Block Sites" on the left side of the window under the "Content Filtering" category.
• Type the domain name of the website that you want to prevent access to in the box at the top of the screen. Alternatively, type a single keyword to prevent access to any website containing that word.
• Click the "Add Keyword" button.
• Place a check in the box labeled "Allow Trusted IP Address to Visit Blocked Sites" if you would like a computer on the network to retain the ability to browse the websites you have blocked, then use the boxes to the right to enter the IP address of the computer.
• Click the "Apply" button at the bottom of the window to save your settings.